Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ten Apples Up on Top Part 2



So, as I said in my last post I got a TON of apples this last weekend and looking for some new recipes to try. Well, I made up a porky chop recipe (I know it's nothing new and exciting but I'm not very creative right now). I am calling my creation UNSTUFFED PORKY CHOPS! Yeah, I know real creative.



WHATCHA NEED:
some pork chops (I used 2 boneless)
1 box of pork flavored Stove Top Stuffing (cook it up as directed)
2 small apples, sliced (I used Gala, but I bet it would be awesome with Granny Smiths)
1/3 cup of applesauce
Preheat over to 425 degrees.
Place the sliced apples on the bottom of a small casserole dish. In the prepared stuffing, mix in the applesauce, then place in casserole dish on top of apples. Afterwards place pork chops on, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the pork chops are finished. Serve and ENJOY!!! I served mine with green beans and my hubby gobbled it right up!!!
Next, I did make that wonderfully delicous apple cake. OMG!!! The smell that went through my home was AHHH-mazing!!!


Whatcha need:
1- 16 oz bottle of ice cream carmel topping
1/2 cup of chopped pecans (I got to use the pecans that came off the tree in my front yard!! YUM!), you can use walnuts too
2 large baking apples, sliced thinly
1 box of yellow cake mix (I prefer Betty Crocker SuperMoist)
1 1/4 cup of water
3 eggs
1/3 cup of veg oil (you can use apple sauce instead)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Put the carmel topping in the bottom of a 13x9 casserole, then put nuts in next, then your sliced apples. Mix the cake mix with the eggs, oil, and water. Pour on top of apples carefully. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan for 1 minute then, like a pineapple upside down cake, remove from pan. Can be served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
This will be eaten quickly because it is delish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment