Thursday, February 2, 2012

Beef and Rice Casserole!!!!

So here I am. Back again to share some yumminess!!! Since the new year, I began grad school!! I know many people who have done this (ie my husband 3 times ;D) so I decided it was my time. So needless to say my spare time is nonexistence. Now most of my recipes will short quick and to the point or recipes that I can put in the Crockpot in the morning and forget about it until dinner time!! Besides grad school, baby, housework, and husband, I am trying to lose at least 50 pounds by my birthday in December. Lots going on, so let's see if I can do it!!!!
A new casserole that I found that sounded kind of gross when I first read it, butit was one of the best things I had ever tasted!!! It was called Beef and Rice Casserole.

3 cups of cooked white rice (I used long grain and cooked it in my rice cooker, gave it a neat sticky texture, but you can use the minute stuff if you want)

1 lb of ground beef

1/2 medium yellow onion, diced

1 can of tomato soup (YES TOMATO SOUP, I like Campbell's)

Garlic Salt to taste

Chili powder to taste

2-3 cups of shredded Cheddar Cheese (I like medium cheddar)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. In a pan, put a very lil amount of oil (just enough to sweat some onions). Sweat your onions and season with with garlic salt and chili powder. Add and brown hamburger. Then add the soup to the meat and warm.

3. In a 2 qt. casserole dish, put a layer of rice on the bottom, then meat mixture. On top of meat mixture add cheese. Repeat another layer. Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes.

4. Serve with some yummy veggies or salad and ENJOY!!!!

Next time I make this I want to add some green bell peppers to the meat mixture. My hubby loved it so much that he had it for lunch and was upset that there was not any left when he got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment