Monday, April 29, 2013

Hot Diggity Dog Corn Muffins (a.k.a. corn dog muffins!)

So I live in a household of males who are hot dog eating machines!  I blame our German heritage, you put any sort of grounded meat in a casing and I bet my boys will eat them!  My big boy (husband) wants a snack, he reaches for a hot dog, whenever lil man (Jasper) won't eat, I cut up a hot dog and he is licking the plate clean.  Well, this mommy gets sick of eating just regular plain hot dogs all the time.  (Don't get me wrong, I do love me some hot dogs, but just need a break!) Tonight though I think I found a recipe to help with the boring hot dog meals we eat.  I am calling them Hot Diggity Dog Corn Muffins, because my lil man starting doing "The Hot Dog Dance" while eating them.  Those with a toddler in their lives will know what I am talking about!!! These would be great for a birthday party or even an adult party (make them in a mini muffin tin).  Tonight I served them with strawberries (another staple in our household!) and LaLa (what my son calls chocolate milk!).


Hot Diggity Dog Corn Muffins (6 regular sized muffins)

1- package of Jiffy Corn muffin Mix ~or if you have a favorite corn bread recipe, use it!  I don't have one :(
1/3-cup of milk  ~if using Jiffy~
1- egg ~if using Jiffy~
3- hot dogs, sliced ~I use Oscar Meyer Bun Length dogs and cut them lengthwise then slice them into bite       size pieces!

1.  Preheat oven as to the directions for your muffin recipe.  Mine was 400 degrees and spray your muffin tin!

2.  Mix muffin mix and let it sit for 5 minutes.  I do this will all my corn bread recipes, it helps re-hydrate the corn in the mix!

3.  Slice up your hot dogs.

4.  Put some mix in tin, put hot dog slices in, then top with rest of mixture.

5.  Cook for 14-17 minutes (also depending on your muffin recipe), Cool for 5 minutes and serve with ketchup and mustard and ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment