Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sweet and Sour Chicken

This has been a very interesting day for weather here in Dillon!  Woke up to almost black, cloudy sky, then it all cleared away to beautiful blue skies, so we took the lil man out for a bike ride and and then the wind nearly blew us away.  Now, after dinner we have the perfect spring evening!

This was a very productive weekend for the Johnson household.  I spring cleaned the kitchen and living room and started on the laundry room, then I hurt my back again :(.  I am hoping this week I can finish unpacking our house (it has been since January) and sort through lil man's clothes (again!).  I have one more assignment along with my final for this class then I am down to two more classes then I graduate with my Master's in Library Media Sciences from the University of West Alabama! Go Tigers!

Anywho!  Tonight for dinner we have found another yummy recipe.  I cannot remember where I found and I am sorry.  It is a great Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe.  It is one of my favorite takeout meals and this recipe is easy, inexpensive, and delish!  I had everything except for the chicken in my pantry!

Sweet and Sour Chicken

3- Chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (I only used two because they were HUGE!)
2- teaspoon Kosher Salt
1- teaspoon Black Pepper
1-cup Corn Starch
2- Large eggs beaten

1.  Mix salt and pepper with the corn starch.  Dip chicken in the corn starch to coat then dip in egg.

2.  Place chicken in fry pan with heated oil.  Cook chicken thoroughly.  Place on paper towels to drain the oil.


Sweet and Sour Sauce

3/4- cup white sugar
4 - Tablespoons of Ketchup
1/2- cup Distilled White Vinegar
1- Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
1- Teaspoon Salt
1/2- Teaspoon Garlic Salt

1.  Mix everything together in small sauce pan.  Bring to a boil and let boil for 10 minutes.

2.  You can toss the chicken and sauce together or just drizzled the sauce over the chicken!!! Enjoy!

** The recipe calls for the chicken and sauce be cooked together in a 350 degree oven for an hour.  I did not want the sauce in every piece of chicken since I have the Lil Man eating with us, but I think it would taste good and will be a thicker sauce! Let me know how it goes if you go it this way!!**

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment