Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My first post - Welcome!

I moved to Idaho from Casper, Wyoming in 2005 so that my husband and I could go back to school.  Him, to start his Masters program, me to finish a Bachelors Degree...any Bachelors Degree.

I began working in the costume shop at ISU my first semester in Idaho (2005).  I didn't have much experience with actual sewing.  I dabbled on occasion, but didn't really know much.  One day, at work, I was working on making a hat for the upcoming show, "The Importance of Being Earnest".  I had never made a hat before!  I was told the steps of the process, but who knew if I was doing it well or correctly.  Then this extraordinarily tall gal with amazing hair and a big presence came up to me, "Hey there, little girl" (even though I was four years older than she, I was about at lease foot shorter), "What's up?"  I must have looked incredibly confused and lost because she dropped her task to come over to me.  I should have, I really had no idea what I was doing.  I asked her for some guidance and she obliged.

We worked together for the next two and a half years collaborating on projects, designs, and tea parties.  When I decided to pursue photography, she helped me with shoots and ideas for my assignments.  She calmed me when I got stressed and she took me for drinks to celebrate the close of every semester.

This fabulous woman is Tiffany.

Since that time in the costume shop, she has married and had a bebe, we began our careers, and moved along with life, but we have stayed friends.  I am now part owner of Precision Jiu Jitsu along with my husband and our buddy, Heath.  I also have a little photography business, Photographique.  My husband and son are the lights of my life; I couldn't imagine what I would be without them.

Tiff and I have been there for each other for the good times and the not-so-hots and the absolutely yucky.  She is my dear friend.  When she moved away, I was incredibly sad to see her go, but I vowed to keep in touch and have her continue be an important part of my life.  As Tiff and I were chatting the other day, we had the simultaneous idea to keep up with each other's goings on in this blog.  It is for each other and whoever else decided to read.  This is our place to share stories, recipes and the projects that we are working on.  Essentially, we are writing letters to each other, minus the postage.

No comments:

Post a Comment