Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Making Up Dishes

So, this week has flown by, yet again. I have been pretty busy. I have been helping my husband out at the University (he works at the University of West Alabama), cleaning house (I have family coming this weekend), and finally I had been talking to the grad school at UWA, I am going to go back to school and get the my Master's in Library Sciences!!! But that's not what you are here for, you are here for the food!!! And today I have a doozy!!! Anthony loved it that he licked his plate cleaned.
EEK!!!! MY POWER JUST WENT OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS LOST HALF OF IT... GRRRRR.....
I call it Creamy Chicken and Rice. Super easy, cheap and yummy!!
Stuff you need:
  • about a pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
  • 1 small onion diced
  • a carton of sliced fresh mushrooms (if desired)
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup (I prefer Campbell's)
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup of milk ( I put half in the cream of chick can and the other half in the cream of mushroom can)
  • 1 1/2 cup of sour cream
  • salt and pepper
  • Rice (cooked)

How-to:

  1. Brown chicken in skillet, add onions and mushrooms when chicken is almost done.
  2. Add soups and milk, until warm, then add sour cream.
  3. serve over rice, with your favorite veggies!!!

It's even great the next day!!!

1 comment:

  1. that sounds very tasty and super easy! i will try that out soon. seems like a good chilly fall recipe.

    ReplyDelete