Thursday, September 15, 2011

John's Scarf

So I started this project in January.  It was supposed to be for my husbot's Christmas present, but I "saved the best for last".  I knitted scarves for all my besties and his was the bestiest and the most difficult.  I have never tried intarsia before.  It is possible I bit off more than I could chew, but a little perseverance and a lot of making things up as I go, I eeked it out.  I may have been better starting with a smaller, less complicated project to learn on, but this is the one he picked out.

My goal is to finish the entire project before November.  I hope that I can do it.  I think I can...I think I can...


This is the hardest part. Hopefully *gulp!
The back!  Now I have to weave them all in.  Ugh!
Once I get further on this project, I have my sister's Christmas project all picked out.  I found the pattern on ravelry.com (love that place), and I think it is perfect for her.  I made the mistake of going yarn shopping for it and now I am so antsy to start.  Maybe that will help the progress of the previous.

The yarn.  Bamboo and cotton.  So soft and comfy!

No comments:

Post a Comment